Customize
  1. HTTPS no longer available. In certain browsers you might want to reset your cache. Firefox for example will remember visiting a site on HTTPS and force the connection to use HTTPS.

Anonymous VS Sony: Sony Attacks YouTube Viewers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Anonymous, Mar 4, 2011.

1. Anonymous Member

Gentlemen,

A call to arms.

In case you haven't been following the news, the Sony Corporation has been fighting a losing battle with video game console hackers. In their desperation they have decided to use the "head on a pike" tactic. Specifically they have targeted a young hacker named GeoHot. He is being sued by the company after his home was raided earlier this month. But the fate of this young man is not why I come before you today. I am unconcerned with his fate. It's Sony's attacks on YouTube and Google that have caused great concern across the internet.

Here is an excerpt from a recently published article. This is truly disturbing.

SOURCE: http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2011/03/geohot-site-unmasking/

So even if you don't own a PS3 or if you didn't hack your console Sony will still consider you a criminal just because you watched a video and/or posted a comment.

As you can see. Shit has gotten very real. There is a great call for justice and we need to answer that call, as only we can. This attack on YouTube and the freedom of its viewers is far greater than even the Tom Cruise incident. People are being put on a list simply for watching a video. That's all.

Watch a video. Get put on Sony's enemy list. This needs to stop and this needs to stop NOW. This isn't about GeoHot. I don't care about him. Sony has crossed the line. And with Google's leanings towards Internet Censorship we may be seeing the begining of a very dark age....
  2. Anonymous Member

This is old and stupid. Play the things the way they were designed to be played...
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Anonymous Member

THIS IS WHY
  4. Anonymous Member

No, they will just be able to cross reference that with what consoles are online to more easily find the hacked consoles. Big whoop. Leave the stupid things alone. They already got your IP if you've logged on their network anyway.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Anonymous Member

No they won't, they'll consider you someone you watched a video and/or posted a comment.
    Any proof of that, have we? Recent evidence?
  6. Anonymous Member

>Implying that's all they'll do with the information.

I can't believe anyone seriously involved with this website would be so naive. You're either completely clueless or your in a strong state of denial.

Millions of people, and I do mean millions, watched this video and some of them may not even own a PS3.

This isn't about hacking, or geohot's e-peen. This is about internet freedom. And that's what Anonymous is all about.
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Anonymous Member

I think it's more about fucking the consumers. Sure it may not seem like much but that's what they do, they move slowly and imperceptibly. Give them an inch and they'll take a mile.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. 8675309 Member

*eye roll*

Yeah that's why they went to all the trouble of getting a subpeona.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Anonymous Member

So, what can we do? And what was that about Google and internet censorship? I haven't heard about that.
  10. Anonymous Member

But they won't 'consider you a criminal'. That's just stupid.
  11. Anonymous Member

Boycott all Sony products. Especially the video game products.

Boycott all movies and TV shows produced by Sony Pictures and its subsidiaries, Columbia Pictures and Tri-Star.

Spread the word.
    • Like Like x 2
  12. 8675309 Member

Any why else would they want the private information of youtube viewers?

Are they starting a club? Probably more like a watch list. They can already easily ban hackers on their own network. Why attack youtube? I'll tell you why. Silencing dissenting or threatening speech.
  13. Rokaa Member

Sadly this will never work. The amount of people who would even be slightly bothered by Sony's asshatery is too small to make any sort of impact, most of the worldn't couldn't give less of a shit.
  14. Anonymous Member

I'm on a Sony laptop right now.

Shit is so cash.
    • Like Like x 3
  15. Anonymous Member

16. Anonymous Member

In other news Ford announced that it will prosecute any owner found customising their vehicle.
    Unapproved hotrodding and body kits being the most serious crime, Ford has stated that it will even be going as far as seeking court orders to reveal the personal details of anyone who has been browsing auto meet-ups or purchased a pair of furry dice.

u c wat i did thar.
    • Like Like x 3
  17. Rokaa Member

18. Anonymous Member

Isn't gaining the IPs of all those users a massive invasion of privacy?
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Anonymous Member

Yes. Probably the biggest in YouTube history.
  20. Anonymous Member

This is totally different. Some people like to play the game without some asshole rigging the game to their advantage.
  21. Anonymous Member

How the hell was it even allowed? Even I'm not so cynical to believe that Sony could grease the judges for something like that.
  22. Anonymous Member

What does that have to do with me watching a video? What does that have to do with my right to watch whatever I want to watch?

Apologists sicken me.
    • Like Like x 1
  23. Anonymous Member

Some of yall need to get a job and breathe some fresh air once in a while. It's ok to take the tin foil off, too. They're not gonna "get ya".
  24. Anonymous Member

Money greases the wheels of justice.
  25. Anonymous Member

Sounds like you're too old to care to fight for your freedoms anymore.
  26. Anonymous Member

Why so defensive bro? I'm sure you're fine with any invasion of your privacy. I mean, its cool to be put on a watch list simply because you watched a video right? As long as you get to play all those sweet PLAYSTAYSHUN gaems. Who cares about losing our freedoms? I mean that's not like the reason we started this fight right? I mean like, were all cool with this right. I need to play some CRASHED BANDYCOOTS.
  27. Anonymous Member

News flash - corporations aren't the government. It's not like the NSA doesn't know every move you make anyway. They can't do anything to you. This is SONY, not the COS we're talking about here. Tin foil MOAR.
  28. Anonymous Member

Haha, you have no idea... at all.
  29. Anonymous Member

Defensive much? There's no tinfoil hat to be found here. This is all facts.

Sony has demanded that YouTube release the private information of ANYONE who watched or commented on a video. This is FAR bigger than the Tom Cruise fiasco.
  30. 8675309 Member

Except put your name on a list. Get your IP red flagged. Consider you a criminal just because you watched a video, etc.
  31. Anonymous Member

What exactly is Sony going to do to me, even if I did watch some of those vids? Absolutely nothing. And I don't play video games lol.
  32. Anonymous Member

OP, try posting on Anonops.net or Anonnews.org.
  33. Anonymous Member

Considered a criminal, by who? By what authority? lol

After they get the IP from youtube, they still have to get a hold of all the ISP's and then get the dox..
  34. Anonymous Member

No I just don't run around, arms flailing screaming fire when there isn't one. And which one of you can say you would go out fighting for this country? Any takers? Any vets?
  35. I am 12 and what is this
  36. Anonymous Member

>Ignores the facts
    >Says that there isn't anything to worry about
  37. Paroxetine Samurai Moderator

Mods, we can has dome nao?

Come on folks... Watching a video != make you a criminal. Sony can't do butt fucking anything with this info... They may try the shit the MPAA/RIAA does (send out a bunch of "John Doe" lolsuits), but unlike them, there has to be moar physical proof (ie: the viewer had a PS3 AND modded it). Also, they have to prove that you watched the video AND did something.

The OP needed to read and display the full article so that it would clearly show the one simple fact: Sony isn't after anybody who watched or posted, they are after the ones who are actively distributing the key or hack or whatever. If you watched it or posted on it, but your IP isn't involved in any distribution of the hack then you have nothing to worry about.

TL;DR: Let Sony shoot their dick and toes off. All this amounts to is akin to subpoenaing a cell phone company for the phone records of a deceased individual. Then through the process of elimination, rule out who had last contact with the victim and whether or not others are potential suspects. Its perfectly legal and is no different.

In the end, this will bite Sony square in the ass. Now, get the tinfoil off your heads, ffs.
  38. Anonymous Member

Oh please. Now I know you're not a regular.

Lurk more please.
  39. Anonymous Member

Learn to read.

Not just hackers. Everyone who posted comments or watched the video. Everyone.