Customize
  1. HTTPS no longer available. In certain browsers you might want to reset your cache. Firefox for example will remember visiting a site on HTTPS and force the connection to use HTTPS.

Russian Othodox Priest now on RFW (Russian version)

Discussion in 'Fair Game Reports and Personal Experiences' started by OTBT, Nov 10, 2010.

1. OTBT Member

Russian Othodox Priest now on RFW (Russian version)

I'm guessing that this is the first time that scientology has actively tried to
    Fair Game a priest. . WTF !?!?

I can't really make too much sense of this, maybe some Eastern European
    Christians or Catholics can help explain.

On the brand new Russian version of the Religious Freedom Watch website
    (see this related thread), an Orthodox Archpriest named Dmitry Smirnov is listed
    as a "religious extremist", which is a scientology code word for "vocal critic of
    scientology."

I can't figure out if Dmitry Smirnov is Christian, Catholic, Orthodox something-
    or-other, or whatever. I'm not familiar with religious denominations in Russia.

Anyway, on non-scientology sites, Dmitry Smirnov is titled an "archpriest",
    whatever that means:

Russia: Muslims Oppose Bill To Add Chaplains To Army - Radio Free Europe / Radio Liberty

So anyway, this priest has obviously pissed off scientology, because he is listed
    on the brand spanking new Russian version of RFW.

Here is the RFW link, scroll down about 3/4 of the long web page (just above
    Gerry Armstrong)

Code:
    http://religiousfreedomwatch-ru.org/religious-extremists/alexander-dvorkin
    Google Translate

[IMG]

So, does anybody know something about this particular priest, and why he is
    being Fair Gamed by scientology?
  2. JohnnyRUClear Member

Re: Russian Othodox Priest now on RFW (Russian version)

His comment about sex shops sounds almost like Hubbard, IMO.

The translation is shaky, so I wouldn't draw too many firm conclusions from just that -- and, of course, it's RFW, so automatically deeply suspect.
  3. Anonymous Member

4. Sponge Member

Nice to see scientology trying to make acquaintences across a spectrum of religions in its own unique style. I'm sure normal people won't think they are batshit mental at all.
    :eek:
  5. xenubarb Member

Priest looks like ArchWBM.
  6. becker Member

Just to nitpick: No, its not the first time. Pfarrer Gandow form Berlin, who is one of the big OG-SPs form Germany, is a priest in his day-to-day-job. [Pfarrer is just the German word for (protestan) priest.] He is also the head of the "Pfarramt für Sekten- und Weltanschauungsfragen" in the protestant church in Berlin/Brandenburg, which is kind of a Anti-Cult-Group in the protestant church.

I don't know what Scientology do in other countries, but in Germany (or at least Berlin) they also tried to argue in the past, that the churches are also behind the Anti-Scinetology-movement, because they are (as Scientolgy claims) in fear to loose members while Scientology grows and grows and... you know the bullshit.
  7. moarxenu Member

This is not the first time the cult has fairgamed priests in the Orthodox Church. In Greece they targeted no less than four Orthodox bishops and eight Orthodox priests.

A key figure in the Orthodox anti-cult movement is Professor Dmitri Dvorkin of St. Tikhon's Theological School, the main Orthodox seminary in Moscow. He is a leading critic of the cult. there is a lot about him at Sci Info Directory and FACTnet.

Bio from ICSA:

St Irenaeus Center is an ally of Dialog Ireland, Dialog in Denmark, and Pastor Gandow's Dialog Center in Berlin.

Here are pix of Dvorkin and Fr. Smirnov from a report by Gerry Armstrong, who has met a lot of Russian anti-cultists:

Gerry's report about his trip to Russia:

I've just returned to Germany from Russia

What is Sectology?

I like these:

nizhny08.jpg

Gerry's caption: Father Dmitri converting this Scientologist. Or getting him in serious ethics trouble.

nizhny09.jpg

Conversion complete, the wogs (R) rejoice.

(Fr. D is wearing a "WOG" Baseball cap)

Dvorkin is on RFW:

Alexander Dvorkin – Exposing Religious Intolerance

From OCMB:

Operation Clambake present: SCIENTOLOGY IN RUSSIA

Interview with Prof. Dvorkin:

PDS Russia Religion News May 2003

Dvorkin's site (In Russian):

ÈÍÔÎÐÌÀÖÈÎÍÍÎ-ÊÎÍÑÓËÜÒÀÖÈÎÍÍÛÉ ÖÅÍÒÐ ÑÂ.ÈÐÈÍÅß ËÈÎÍÑÊÎÃÎ
  8. Anonymous Member

OSA gets extra stats whenever they fairgame a priest, a clown or a hacker.
  9. JohnnyRUClear Member

El padre looks a tad familiar....... hmmmmmmmmmm.....................

nizhny08.jpg hetfield.jpg
  10. Triumph Member

theres a some good info here on all Cults in RUSSIA including Scientology

by Alexander L. DVORKIN
    - Professor, Director of "St Irenaeus of Lyon Center of Religious Studies"

Overview of the Activity of Health-Related Cults in the Countries of the Former URSS
    RUSSIA - Alexander L. DVORKIN