Customize

Applied Scholastics issuing diplomas?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Optimisticate, Aug 11, 2009.

1. Optimisticate Member

Applied Scholastics issuing diplomas?

OK, so LRH is exposed as a fraud with his fake school. When searching Google and blogs for a bit of info, I found this in the search results (warning scilon link below):

So if they can't do university degrees, they're moving down to HS diplomas?
  2. 3rdMan Member

Re: Applied Scholastics issuing diplomas?

Wait, they just handing them out or they offering AS Online courses?
  3. xerobebop Member

From what I understand, their diploma means absolutely nothing. They aren't an accredited school in any sense.
  4. Anonynamefag Member

A clown school diploma has more prestige than an AS diploma.

Waving one around is pointless.
  5. AnotherMrPink Member

Clown school is actually very demanding and difficult. Most people don't make the cut.
  6. Re: Applied Scholastics issuing diplomas?

I'll thank you not to refer to Princeton that way!
  7. Anonasauras Member

seems to me like the bastards are giving kids an easy way out of real high school so they can recruit young kids to come and work for their churchs. Im sure the diploma says something like "this entitles you to be a janitor at the church of scientology." :)
  8. fitch2000 Member

OK, I noticed something and have a question.

On the applied scholastics website they list programs and schools that use study tech.

Delphi and World Literacy Crusade are the only 2 listed.

When I went to the WLC website, I noticed it had a lot of blacks. The reason I noticed this is because all the black people I've seen in scientology (I've seen 3 now thanks to the pics on another thread today.
    http://forums.whyweprotest.net/123-leaks-legal/sea-org-arriving-anthony-building-la-11-12-1am-50972/

I found an article that was about study tech and very interesting I hadn't seen before.
    Scientology v. Education - The Scam of "Study Technology" : <b>Boston Herald</b><br />Church keys programs to recruit blacks

a couple quotes: ""We as an organization were a little apprehensive. It seems like they were trying to recruit people," Wideman said. "The target group was the particular population we serve, predominantly young black men and women.""

" In the inner-city Los Angeles neighborhood of Compton, more than 700 black children, including gang members, participated in the World Literacy Crusade and the program saved their lives by giving them an alternative to street life, Jentzsch said.

"If you know what the statistics are in Compton, (it is) just miraculous," Jentzsch said. "I've seen kids from the Crips and the Bloods sitting there working with other kids to get them educated.""

Jentzsch, the one in the SP Hall at Gold? Wasn't he a "church" spokesman, like Mike Rinder and Tommy Davis?
    EDIT* The Rev. Heber C. Jentzsch was/is the president of the Church of Scientology International

"Campbell and others at the Roxbury YMCA literacy program were expected to pay nothing at first. "Not yet," Dufresne said.

But Dufresne hopes his students will, in turn, teach their friends the Scientology techniques. "That's the whole idea. They learn this and then they circle back and teach somebody else. Because there's not enough of us," he said."

* My question was does anyone live near or know of Roxbury YMCA, Comptom lol, or any of the places listed in article below??? It's been 10 years since this article was written I would love to know how wonderful the change has been in these areas where scientology has infiltra....i mean spread it's awesome wonderful knowledge.

http://www.studytech.org/1995/09/the_commercial_appeal_memphis.php

"Rev. Johnson said he formed the World Literacy Crusade in the wake of the 1992 Los Angeles riots. "We've been able to take kids out of gangs, off gangs, and give them back hope and a future because now they believe they can read and write and understand," he said.

The literacy crusade also has centers in New York, Oakland, Calif., and Sydney, Australia, and is opening centers in Tampa and Portland, Ore., Johnson said. The program in Compton, Calif., outside Los Angeles, has tutored more than 500 adults and children, many who have made literacy improvements, Johnson said."
  9. Re: Applied Scholastics issuing diplomas?

If the scilons get to have diplomas, then anonymous should get diplomas too. Its only fair. And probably just as valid in the eyes of an employer.

Edit; Actually, I would totally hire someone with an anonymous diploma in their resumé.
  10. fitch2000 Member

wrong thread ooopsie
  11. Anonymous Member

Am I hired?
    xf687c.jpg
  12. notinvolved Member

AS is highly thought of in our sad little 3rd world basket case:
    Education Alive National
    ZANONYMOUS!!! WAKE UP!!!
  13. Optimisticate Member

Anyone have a posting acct at the Times to point them in the general direction?
  14. FUCK Member

hmmm....
  15. OTBT Member

This just came up on Google Blog Search for Applied Scholastics

Code:
    http://alittlereality.com/?p=241
    And her web site, which offers prestigious private high school diplomas < gag >

Code:
    http://www.appliedscholasticsonline.com/
    ===============================================
  16. Anonymous Member

wtf?
  17. Ann O'Nymous Member

Wasn't AS banned from some California schools ?
  18. OTBT Member

Nope, Applied Scholastics Online isn't an online diploma mill, not at all...

Code:
    http://alittlereality.com/?p=231
  19. Anonymous Member

That would be Narconon.
  20. Anonymous Member

21. RightOn Member

this is relevant to my interests
  22. Optimisticate Member

Earlier this afternoon I spoke to a counselor at a local <major$> university and asked them about students coming from the AS high school.

Quick search of the database, spell it again, search again, no search this way, no, wait... I don't see it.
    Not on the national list. OK, what about online high schools?
    Online what?
    High schools.
    They have high schools online? No way.
    Way.

Suffice to say that AS diplomas will be looked at with the scrutiny deserved. At least here.
  23. Random guy Member

Good call!
  24. Keyumdi Member

Fun with clay.
  25. RightOn Member

fabulous Opt
  26. OTBT Member

Code:
    http://www.appliedscholasticsonline.com/staterequirements.html
    Code:
    http://www.appliedscholasticsonline.com/gettingstarted.html
    Code:
    http://www.appliedscholasticsonline.com/products.html

So, Applied Scholastics Online tell parents that, as parents, they are qualified to teach their own kids. And Applied Scholastics Online wants to charge scilon parents for teaching their own kids the miraculous Study Tech.

Sounds like some scilon got the bright idea of taking the "Way To Happiness Home Extension Course", and expand the idea into the "Applied Scholastics Home Extension Course for Getting a High School Diploma".

I bet the kids being home schooled by their own parents, and learning Study Tech from their parents, are just having a ball being cut off from normal non-cultie kids.
  27. churchlady Member

You need a lawyer to tell you your state's educational requirements?
    An informed parent will ask about a school's accreditation. WASC is the gold standard. (Western Association of Schools and Colleges) Universities accept diplomas from accredited high schools, not places like this.
  28. AnotherSock Member

There's nothing new in Scientology, is there?

Ron himself didn't manage to complete even one year of high school, and I suppose he never valued education in others as a result. In fact, he was downright suspicious of clever people. The way he built Scientology, it's a celebration of ignorance and nonsense. I'm sure he'd be pleased to know that some people are still falling for it.