Customize

Applied Scholastics out of the revised SES

Discussion in 'Media' started by Anonymous, Sep 28, 2010.

1. Anonymous Member

Applied Scholastics out of the revised SES

Over this Fall 2010, the federal department of education's Supplemental Educational Services (SES) program will be completely revised. It will become a site-based system with credentialed teachers performing the tutoring for students who have demonstrated a need for concentrated assistance.

Private providers, such as Applied Scholastics, will no longer be part of this federally-funded program. The tutors (many of which are not credentialed) received between from $30 to $80 per hour per student payment under the previous SES system.
  2. RightOn Member

Re: Applied Scholastics out of the revised SES

dox?
  3. Anonymous Member

Dox are not available yet. States and districts have been told that the new guidelines will be issued "shortly." Dox will be posted as soon as they are available but they will be the standard new guidelines for programs that appear every Fall as programs are implemented, modified or replaced.
  4. NewfAnon Member

WIN!!!11!

Watch for attempts by Co$ to get around this obstacle :-/
  5. Anonymous Member

What a fantastic day this is!!!!
  6. Anonymous Member

Mahvelous!
  7. RightOn Member

this is most excellent news!!!!

YAAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
  8. JustMissedMe Member

Seriously! It never rains but it pours...only in this case the rain is made of deliciousness. (No, I have no freaking clue if that made any sense. I'm on my third round of a Panorama drinking game. Frankly, I'm impressed I can still find my fingers, let alone use them to express myself coherently.)
  9. OTBT Member

If this is true, then it is absolutely wonderful news.

Expect Applied Scholastics and scientology to try to thwart this somehow.

@ OP, I understand no dox are available yet, will watch this thread for updates and confirmation.
  10. Anonymous Member

Remember, the dox will NOT address AS. What the dox will show is that the SES system is revised to be on-the-school-site, with a different payment system and different criteria systems for choosing tutors, is the best guess. It will just be stating the new system: it will NOT address the problems with the previous system.
  11. OTBT Member

That's even better than I hoped. Applied Scholastics gets cut out, without being able to scream about discrimination.

AS tutors are not recognized. Dingbats like this one should get unceremoniously dumped from the SES.

And people can become a "Licensed Applied Scholastics Instructor" in 2 weeks.

Applied Scholastics, enjoy your FAIL.
  12. sheeple Member

Yes to the op!!!!!
  13. Anonymous Member

DOX

These were granted to all 50 states. California is being posted here as an example.

http://www2.ed.gov/legislation/FedRegister/other/2010-3/091610c.html

Department of Education; Notice of Waivers Granted Under Section 9401 of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965, as Amended

Notice of Waivers Granted Under Section 9401 of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965, as Amended

SUMMARY: In this notice, we announce the waivers that the U.S. Department of Education (Department) granted during calendar year 2009 under the waiver authority in section 9401 of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965, as amended (ESEA). We also announce
    waivers that the Department granted under the waiver authority in section 9401 for Title I, Part A programs for funding provided through the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA).

SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION:

twenty-eight waivers allowing State educational agencies (SEAs) to approve schools or LEAs in need of improvement to become supplemental educational services (SES) providers;
    (14) twenty-five new waivers and six continuations of existing waivers allowing LEAs to provide SES to eligible students attending schools that receive funding under Title I, Part A of the ESEA (Title I schools) and are in the first year of school improvement and to count the costs of both toward meeting the LEA's ``20 percent obligation''; and
    (15) one hundred and ninety-six waivers allowing LEAs and/or schools to exclude their Title I, Part A allocation received under ARRA when calculating their obligation to spend their funds for public school choice and professional development and when calculating the per-pupil amount for SES, and to waive the carryover limitation more than once every three years.

XIII. Allowing SEAs To Approve Schools or LEAs in Need of Improvement To Become SES Providers

3. Waiver Applicant: California Department of Education
    Provision waived: 34 CFR 200.47(b)(1)(iv)(A) and (B).
    Date waiver granted: October 23, 2009.
    Description of waiver: Permitted California to approve a school or LEA identified for improvement, corrective action, or restructuring to serve as a provider of SES during the 2009-2010 school year.

New Applicants

2. Waiver Applicant: California Department of Education
    Provisions waived: Section 1116(b)(10) of the ESEA and 34
    CFR 200.48.
    Date waiver granted: December 11, 2009.
    Description of waiver: For the 2009-2010 school year, permitted LEAs in California to offer SES, in addition to public school choice, to eligible students in Title I schools in the first year of
    school improvement and to count the costs of both toward meeting the LEA's ``20 percent obligation.''

Waivers Related to Title I, Part A Funding Provided Under ARRA

A. Allowing an LEA To Exclude Its Title I, Part A Allocation Received Under ARRA When Calculating Its Obligation to Spend the Equivalent of 20 Percent of Title I, Part A Funds for Public School Choice-Related
    Transportation and SES

5. Waiver Applicant: California Department of Education
    Provisions waived: Section 1116(b)(10) of the ESEA and 34
    CFR 200.48(a)(2).
    Date waiver granted: December 11, 2009.
    Description of waiver: Allows LEAs in California to exclude all or part of the Title I, Part A ARRA funds when calculating their obligation to spend at least the equivalent of 20 percent of their fiscal year 2009 Title I, Part A funds for public school choice-related transportation and SES.
  14. Anonymous Member

Didn't know where to post this.
    Move it to somewhere better if you want.

Appled Scholastics has a calender posted on their wesbite:
    if you go there PROXY UP!

•October 7-9, 14-16, 21-23, 28-30
    •November 4-6, 11-13, 18-20
    •December 2-4, 9-11, 16-18
    3-Day Institute with Meals and Accommodations: $300

Click here to fill out your form and fax it today!
    Institutes held at

Applied Scholastics International Training Center
    11755 Riverview Drive, St. Louis, MO 63138

Wonder how many people are signing up for these 3 day institutes and has anyone ever raided this place?

They are still boasting:

"The Applied Scholastics network comprises over 800 schools, literacy and training centers and tutoring groups in 67 countries in North America, South America, Africa, Asia and Europe."
  15. xenubarb Member

"3 Day INSTITUTE?

LOLwut...conference, seminar, meeting, symposium, all are acceptable words that describe such an event.

But an "Institute???"

Why would anyone apply for training from people who can't distinguish the event from the place it's being held?

16. Anonymous Member

also from Criminon:

"You can do something about prisons expanding indefinitely!

Only 2% of a pilot group using this program returned to criminal habits; while the return rate in a control group not on this program duplicated the national average of 80%. Criminon activities and courses made this possible.

If you know someone in prison, send them a course request, and have them send it to Criminon WUS, PO Box 9091, Glendale, CA 91226.

If you know someone who needs help so they don't end up in prison, sponsor them on a course. Courses for those not yet inmates are $125 each. Contact Criminon West to enroll them.

Both individuals and companies can sponsor a page! You can volunteer to help at Criminon. You can make a donation using PayPal or by sending a check.

Help us NOW, and make true rehabilitation of criminals a reality!"

So now they are asking for $125.00 for a course for someone who "may" end up in jail? LOL
  17. Anonymous Member

Criminon's sponsors as listed on their site:

Individual Sponsors...

Maximum Impact Marketing

Endless Graphics

Laurel Sherrie Oil Painter

Dynamic Doingness

Mark Leavitt Fine Arts

Success Makers

Sunrise Aviation

David Morse & Assoc.

Calligraphy by Chris

Tom Sherman Creations

Churchill Claims Services, Inc.
  18. Scatman Member

Hubbard plagiarized "word clearing", a major part of his "Study Tech" from the book Elements of Composition and Rhetoric, by Virginia Waddy, chapter 8, Style. Published in 1889.
  19. Triumph Member

November 4-6 Applied Scholastics will be in Houston at a Nation of Islam Educators conference.
  20. RightOn Member

All bolded names are in the COS data base. All Scientologists, no surprise there. I am actually glad that they are Scios (well you know what I mean.. I dont' mean I am glad that they are scios) because if they weren't, that would mean a sponsership by someone who is clueless about Criminon
  21. Anonymous Member

" "Current methods employed by the prison system have been utterly ineffective, the upshot of which is the currently high rate of recidivism. The rehabilitative technology employed by Criminon represents the only truly workable means to handle the increasingly burdensome criminal populations."
    Robert F. Henderson, Captain New York , State Department of Correctional Services
  22. Triumph Member

Oh Yea..that endorsement makes it credible.

Squeaky Fromme and Charles Manson endorse it too

Celebrity Endorsements from OJ Simpson and Phil Spector too
  23. Anonymous Member

how apout this one? lol

The success of the program so far has been remarkable and I am very pleased with the results obtained. Since the implementation of the programme the workload of the juvenile court has dropped from 30 cases per month to just two; the rest were successfully diverted away from the criminal justice system."
    —Chief Magistrate Moldenhauer, Pretoria Magistrate Court, South Africa
  24. Triumph Member

How apout? Sharron Angle...

just because the cult claims an endorsement dosen't necessarily mean that person endorses it..

its not the first time the cult has used someone name ..to claim an endorsement.and it turned out to be false.

Miscavige recently made the claim they put Glaxo Smith Klein out of business.. gullible much.
  25. Anonymous Member

these are just the endorsements listed on their website.
    I am surprised Angle isn't listed on there yet.

But then again, they still have Issac Hayes on their Applied Scholastics site with no mention of his death at all! He is pictured with Ann Archer, Tom Cruise and Travolta
  26. Triumph Member

oh Issac just dropped his Meat Body..He'll be back..(Insert Iron Chef Joke)
  27. Scatman Member

Prominent examples of how scientology cures criminals:

Grant Boshoff
    Ron Bernstein
    Lawrence Spencer
    Gabriel Williams
    Anthony Strawn
    Reed Slatkin
    Rex Fowler
    Artur Solomonyan
    James Barbour
    Willem Van Rompay
    Jean-Jacques Mazier
    Jean Shumway
    Alexis Shumway
    Ben Kasle
    Nanna Anderson
    Janice Wheeler
    Donald Whitmore
    Detlef Foullois
    Karl-Eric Heilig
    Markell D. Boulis
    Harry Laarhuis
    Jacquelline Valentin
    Georges Andreu
    Erwin Richard Annau
    Bill "L.W" Cooper
    Elizabeth Eagleton Weigand
    David Goroway
    Debra Anne Dalton
    Giorgio Carta
    Richard E. Brittain Jr.
    Xavier Delamare
    Kent Stryker
    Olga Ukhova
    Suzanne Montangero
    David Lee Enteman
    Mary Sue Hubbard
    L. Ron Hubbard

and don't forget about Jesse Remmers, once president of the Criminon Stichting in the Netherlands who moonlighted as a hitman, murdering 6 people.