Customize

Hubbard on forefront of Gay Rights? / CoS Dead Agent site

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by enronanonron, Apr 13, 2008.

1. enronanonron Member

Hubbard on forefront of Gay Rights? / CoS Dead Agent site

Scientology is actively recruiting gays.

Wear proxy condom, link below is a Scientology site. Excerpt below.

http://www.liveandgrow.org/scientology_and_the_gay_community.pdf

2. anonangl Member

Re: Hubbard on forefront of Gay Rights? / CoS Dead Agent site

"By contrast, Hubbard expressed in Dianetics that gay people weren't to be blamed for their condition and should very definitely not be punished."
    This is the part that jumps out at me, and I'm sure it will raise eyebrows in the gblt community as well.
  3. humphrey Member

A desperate act from a dying cult. I don't think the gays will get the same kick out of it we do, though

[note oops OLD]
  4. rawrz Member

wait....did we actually influence them to change their policies?....holy crap....
  5. Smurf Member

Hell, no. It's pure propaganda.

No, they don't discriminate against gays.... on a public front... but after they join the cult they are informed they need to have their sexual orientation "corrected" per LRH.

The cult has always operated on the double blind principle... say one thing in public... do another in private.
  6. Anonymous Member

This ^^

Never forget one of scientology's most important policies: Say anything to get anyone in and dispel criticism. ANYTHING.
  7. Anonymous Member

Op here. No. The scilon site is a Dead Agent / PR site, created pre-Chanology.

I originally posted this thread 18 months ago to draw attention to scilon attempts to recruit gays. This is laughable, due to scilon policy on gays. Scilons just want money, and don't care who they extract it from.

Just resurrecting this thread due to current events, to see if Tommy Davis will start regurgitating this stuff. Of course, that might prove difficult since scientology did indeed support proposition 8.
  8. Re: Hubbard on forefront of Gay Rights? / CoS Dead Agent site

Where are the dox on this? I was looking and found a couple dead links from old threads. It looks like it was on protectmarriage.com but has since been taken down. Does anyone else know of any other links, dox, etc? I was trying to show a friend of mine who is on the fence about Scn.
  9. Anonymous Member

Ok, the word "gays" has always bothered me. Shouldn't it be "Gay People". Gay is an adjective not a noun.
  10. Anonymous Member

The old news links are 404, but this is still up

Backlash Against Mormons Over Prop 8 Looms Large - BSAlert.com 360 - The Fairest and Balancest, Most Trusted Name In News

11. Anonymous Member

You're such a faggot.
  12. Anonymous Member

Another old link, not 404 yet

OpEdNews - Diary: Scientology Cult Supports California Prop to Ban Same-Sex Marriage

13. Consensus Member

Hubbard hated psychiatrists and despised the DSM. If he was so forward thinking and had a better grasp of the human psyche, why did he take cues from psychology? Nevermind that the DSM dropped homosexuality as a 'disorder' LONG before scientology dropped it as an 'abberation' (that is, scientology still has not done so).

It is important to note that Scientology does not, from what I've seen, 'hate' homosexuality any more than it hates autism or cancer. It recognizes that all three can cause trouble in one's life - that any of those three might be someone's 'ruin' - and sells itself as the cure-all snake oil for it. If someone is gay, but homosexuality is NOT their ruin, they will be okay with their homosexuality - so long as they find some OTHER ruin, some OTHER means to sell the poor sap snake oil.

(well maybe that's not entirely accurate... it probably is the case that sea org members and other staff will be subjected to inhumane auditing if they are revealed to have homosexual inclinations. But they'll do that to someone who is discovered to have a head cold too. It's not that Hubbard necessarily hated gays; it's that Scientology is a moneymaking scam and a mind-control cult, and they use illness to further both goals - thus, it is to their advantage to make the definition of 'illness' as inclusive as possible.)
  14. Anonymous Member

Homosexuality under LRH must be 'disposed of' to KSW.
  15. Shalashar Member

Homosexuality is listed as 1.1 on the tone scale.

If we look back Hubbard stated

"There are only two answers for the handling of people from 2.0 down on the tone scale, neither of which has anything to do with reasoning with them or listening to their justification of their acts. The first is to raise them on the Tone Scale by unenturbulating some of their theta by any one of the three valid processes. The other is to dispose of them quietly and without sorrow. Adders are safe bedmates compared to people on the lower bands of the tone scale."

Clearly you and I have seen very different things. And to be clear - in Orgs there is clear hatred toward homosexuals. They are clearly thought of in line with the Tone scale as something to despise. Remember, pity is unacceptable within the scilon mindset (- 0.01 on the scale).
  16. CantPickaName Member

Scienlologists would love to give gays rights....and lefts...and a few upper-cuts
  17. pedrofcuk Member

as a gay not necessarily in favour of same sex marriage (why the fuck would you want to do that?) i can only say i will support those who want to get married because it is their right even if it is not in my personal opinion anything resembling sane behaviour, legally you can leave your possessions to whomsoever you nominate so...
  18. Anonymous Member

There is also the issue of church and state.
  19. FUCK Member

Dying cult is dying. :D