Customize

Library Donation Scam continues.

Discussion in 'Leaks & Legal' started by pooks, Apr 18, 2009.

1. pooks Member

Library Donation Scam continues.

Someone might want to call Ms. Denness and inform her that a lot of the books are ending up in the $1 bin or the trash-bin. Ask her if anyone is checking to see if these books actually are being put in the library because if they aren't then it's a fraud to keep asking for more money for books to be thrown away. Also didn't DM announce at the LRH Birthday event 2009 that all the basic books were now in all the libraries?

Subject: Survey from the Freewinds Regarding Planetary Dissemination -
    To:
    Date: Friday, April 17, 2009

Dear Scientologist,

I’m sure you would agree that the day you found Scientology was a pretty momentous day for you—especially that day when you had your first major win or cognition. If you think back a moment, can you recall it?

We, who have English as our native language, take for granted the availability of all the tech from LRH. But what about those who’ve never been able to gain access to LRH because it was not in their language, how are they going to experience similar gains to yours? The briefing below answers that question.

Please take a few minutes to read it and then answer the following questions:

1. Have you donated to the International Library Donation Campaign for LRH Basic books to go into all libraries?

2. If so, what do you feel makes it important to support? Why did you do it?

3. Do you want to contribute to the International Library Campaign Phase Two: SOURCE TO EVERY CORNER OF THE WORLD (as covered below)?

4. Is there a particular language or area of the planet that holds a

special interest for you?

5. Would you like to share your viewpoint regarding this campaign?

Thank you very much.

Melissa Denness

Freewinds Materials Consultant

Library Donation Campaign

PHASE TWO

SOURCE TO EVERY CORNER OF THE WORLD

With the Beginning Books available in 50 languages, we can now reach 90% of the world’s population for the first time in history!

Every Day 2 million people visit libraries, looking for answers.

We can now give them what they are looking for in the correct orders of magnitude.

Bring the Truth of Source to the world and make it possible for billions to have the knowledge you now have.

“…about the only overt act that we could pull now in Scientology is to fail to disseminate it properly:

(1) fail to disseminate it and

(2) fail to disseminate it properly.

That would be the main line of overts that we’d pull on it. There wouldn’t be any other overts.”

L. Ron Hubbard

Find out how you can achieve special recognition through your contributions to the Freewinds Library Campaign and make your donation today.

727-445-4309 freewinds@freewinds.org

© 2009 CSFSSO. All Rights Reserved. Grateful acknowledgement is made to L. Ron Hubbard Library for permission to reproduce a selection from the copyrighted works of L. Ron Hubbard. Scientology, Freewinds, Dianetics, Freewinds logo, The Bridge, Dianetics symbol, Scientology symbol and OT are trademarks and service marks owned by Religious Technology Center and are used with its permission. Services relating to Scientology religious philosophy are delivered throughout the world exclusively by licensees of the Church of Scientology International with the permission of Religious Technology Center , holder of the Scientology and Dianetics trademarks. Scientologist is a collective membership mark designating members of the affiliated churches and missions of Scientology. Freewinds Ship is registered in Panama .

This promotion was sent to you by the Church of Scientology Flag Ship Service Organization , 118 North Fort Harrison Ave, Clearwater , FL 33755 , USA .

If you do not wish to receive further e-mails, write to freewinds@freewinds.org with your removal request
  2. SP_thats_me Member

Re: Library Donation Scam continues.

None of the University of South Florida libraries have any of the Basics books.

You can confirm for yourself here:

University of South Florida (USF) Library Catalog

Keep in mind that USF is the closest university to Clearwater and there is a campus with a library in St. Petersburg.
  3. mrfyde Member

This is a great resource when checking most major Libraries.

Scientology Library Dump Stats

I already plugged it in the DM Lies thread.
  4. FUCK Member

^^^ nice ^_^
  5. ohioanon Member

why do all scientologist emails and newsletters have an evaluation questionnaire?
  6. Re: Library Donation Scam continues.

It's part of a brainwashing technique.
  7. vananon Member

Looking at the Fraser Valley Regional Library online catalogue, there is no way in hell all of the libraries in the Fraser Valley (Hope to ~Surrey) have the complete basics set.

Just Dianetics alone only has 3 copies in the entire Fraser Valley (Chilliwack, Mission, and Po Co.) I actually think one of the used book stores I frequent has more Co$ books than the Chilliwack library does.
  8. pooks Member

Subject: Library News from the Freewinds! From: Melissa Denness
    To:
    Date: Monday, August 3, 2009

3807695629_bf5a630379_o.jpg

3807688809_0d7e16ac09_o.jpg

3807695669_e695619f42_o.jpg

[COLOR=&quot;Blue&quot;][SIZE=&quot;3&quot;]Over a year has passed since Scientologists made the broad availability of Source possible by getting the Basics into public hands by donating book and audio book sets to libraries, universities, and schools around the world. Since January 2008, there have been over 2,500 acknowledgements and over 260 letters from administrators and librarians around the world regarding the donation of the Basics. Their enthusiastic responses are STILL pouring in, raving about the impact of the materials of L. Ron Hubbard, and how much their patrons and students want MORE!
    [/SIZE][/COLOR]

Some examples of recent acknowledgements:

“Thank you for the donations of audiobooks, which were very needed in our library.”
    – Librarian, Publico Municipal Amado Nervo, Mexico

“I really appreciate the materials. Our Religious Service/Programs Department runs solely on donations. These materials are already being used by our inmates – thank you.”
    – Chaplain , Wyoming State Penitentiary Library, Rawlins , WY

“I would like to acknowledge with thanks, the receipt of 19 (nineteen copies) of various titled books by L. Ron Hubbard, which you donated to us. We wish to express our profound gratitude for this kind of gesture and look forward to more of such donations in future.”
    – Edo State Library Board , Nigeria

“Thank you for considering Father Saturnino Urios University as one of the recipients of your book collections. This is of great help to our patrons and to the community as well. May you continue with your generosity.”
    – Director of Libraries, Father Saturnino Urios University , Caraga , Philippines

“Greetings! We would like to acknowledge with thanks the materials that we have recently received from your office. We really appreciate your gesture of generosity in making them available to our faculty, students and to the whole college. Thank you very much and we are looking forward to your continuous support.
    – College Librarian, Guimaras State College, Buenavista, Guimaras

“Thank you for your generous gift of 18 audio recordings donated to the Cleveland Public Library. Your support is a real source of encouragement to everyone. Your interest in library programs/services and support through special gifts serve as the building blocks as we continue our commitment to service as one of the third largest public research libraries in the country. The interest, which prompted your gift, is greatly appreciated.”
    – Director, Cleveland Public Library, Cleveland , OH

Quote from
    L. Ron Hubbard

Library Responses Keep Rolling In

Contact Info

Melissa Denness or Roman Vorobyev
    Address: 118 North Fort Harrison Ave , Clearwater , FL 33755
    Phone: (727) 445-4309
    Fax: (727) 445-4339
    E-mail: freewinds@freewinds.org
  9. AnotherMrPink Member

10. Anonymous Member

When these books are donated, they end up either in the trash or in the Aisle of No Return (i.e. where the shitty books that nobody ever reads go)
  11. CantPickaName Member

“I would like to acknowledge with thanks, the receipt of 19 (nineteen copies) of various titled books by L. Ron Hubbard, which you donated to us. We wish to buy all the books you can send us.We will send you a cashiers check for double the amount if you agree to send us back a partial refund via Western Union for your trouble"
    – Edo State Library Board , Nigeria
  12. AnotherMrPink Member

Also, quote from hubbard in the picture is exactly why Study Tech is FAIL.
  13. RightOn Member

If people believe in books, as Hubbard states, then why dont' Scios believe in The Complex or a Piece fo Blue Sky? etc....

Isn't that out ethics for them not to listen to Hubbard's words? LOL!
  14. AnotherSock Member

The times, they are a-changing. $cientology isn't. It's still the same old scam it was when the Hubtard was alive.

Present-day $cilons don't understand that the general population is a whole lot more sceptical about the information that's offered to it (printed or otherwise), and a lot less likely to be scammed.

Every library I've visited in the last year or more has either been found to contain no cult material at all, or it has a single copy of something like 'Dianetics' - sat on a shelf next to 'Barefaced Messiah', and stuffed fully of YFTCs.

Scientologist parishioners, you got scammed:

15. JohnnyRUClear Member

How many of those thank-yous were form letters where the librarian (or even a computer) just plugged in the specifics and sent it out?

For every one of those I'll bet there are dozens who rolled their eyes and tossed the stuff -- like the set I have right here with me, which is still unopened. The library it went to didn't want it and insisted on GIVING IT away to someone I know who snagged it for me. That person had offered to buy it (intending to burn it, LOL) but the library actually turned down the donation!
  16. Re: Library Donation Scam continues.

All.
  17. anonymous44 Member

FIFY
  18. Cudgel Member

I got my first set of flubbard books (know thy enemy) by asking the public library if I could have them as they were throwing them out. I got more by paying a library employee for them. He put them up for sale on Craig's list after the library system he works for declared them trash. I paid MUCH less than the $1,000 some poor scilon shelled out to have them sent to the library...
  19. AnotherMrPink Member

...but you still probably paid more than it cost CoS to make the books.
  20. Cudgel Member

Possibly, but I doubt it. $10. 20 hardcover books and 5 DVDs in the set.

And even if I did pay more than it cost the cult, it didn't go to the cult...
  21. AnotherMrPink Member

$10!?!?!

That coulda been two handjobs in the wrong part of town.
  22. Anonymous Member

23. OHSHI Member

And it couldn't have even been one drink you buy her in the right part of town.
  24. Anonymous Member

25. Anonymous Member

Ah... But he didn't have to go to the wrong side of town.

Bwa ha ha
  26. moreanonymous Member

I love that program...it's how we get most of our books. Oner librarian buddy has given me literal crates of the crap.

27. Cudgel Member

I had to go (gulp) across the Ohio River!

I had an Anon in place across the street from the meet point with video and still gear and an Anon in the vehicle with me who had a still camera, just in case it was a scilon op. No scilons, no pix. But lots of reading material. I use it when I can't sleep. Puts me right out...

Or is that the alcohol?
  28. Anonymous Member

Nice leak. OSA doesnt like these leaks on their threads
  29. Ogsonofgroo Member

I <3 that there!

Our library here is run by donations and volunteer efforts, the staff are mostly retired teachers, librarians, in all a pretty savy group of elder folks.
    None of them, and I do mean none, want any Lron shite infecting the shelves, but, if one were to request it, they would (while shaking their heads and laughing) find just about anything and order it in fer ya; you'd probably get a wee lecture tho, liek "Don't waste your time with that fruit-bat's crap!", a cup of tea and a doughnut.

:D (I lervs mah library!)

:)
  30. pooks Member

Yes we do!
  31. Jeff Jacobsen Member

I happened to look at the $1 table at my little local library. There were about a dozen LRH books still shrink wrapped on the table. That means they never even put them on the shelves. I'll have to see if it's because they already had them or not. But yeah, it's a scam and huge waste.
  32. LarryBren Member

In support of the above ^^^^^, here is what I got for $1 from my local library, still in shrinkwrap, never put up. Librarian said that no one reads this author there and they have no desire to get any books of L. Ron Hubbard to their publics:

books002.jpg
  33. Anonynamefag Member

FUCKING LOL
  34. Anonymous Member

LRH Way/Fort Homicide is the wrong part of town, especially if you're sane.
  35. Anonymous Member

the only thing of worth there is the mask.
  36. Anonymous Member

Yeah, but the only handjob you can get there is the one in your pocket to remove your wallet.
  37. Anonymous Member

Some interesting stuff here.

So... Scientology is a psychotherapy and not a religion?
  38. Anonymous Member

Oh god, it's worse than I thought. I was reading the Super Power Rundown processes and I discover that the whole rundown is to get you to believe you have the powers of gods ---- super powers.

So the end result of the Super Power Rundown is to believe you can cause yourself to be god, and you're cackling like a mad man high on drugs and can't speak.

Oh that's real sane, ain't it?

P.S. Oh... moderator! Yoo hoo! Maybe this bunch of posts related to this leak should be in its own thread.
  39. Re: Library Donation Scam continues.

Hate to disappoint you:

28. Scientology 0-8 : the book of basics
    by L. Ron Hubbard.
    Author: Hubbard, L. Ron (La Fayette Ron) 1911-1986
    Published: Los Angeles : Church of Scientology of California, Publications Organization U. S., 1976.
    book
    USF LIBRARY--Tampa Circulating Collection

I typed in Hubb-tard's name and got back 9 pages of listings. The good news is all the LRH books are available. Nobody's reading them. The few anti-scilon books were checked out. Most of the LRH books were his crap fiction, but there is a healthy selection of scifagtology books available.
  40. Anonymous Member

In 1974 I became public registra at a scientology mission. A brand new policy came out Saying we could raise our Stat. by getting people to donate books to the Library. I'm surpised that the laibrarys have any room on their shelf for any thing other then Rons Books. Rol (Roar out loud)