Customize

Narconon Fresh Start offers Cognitive Behavior Modification Therapy. Wait, what?

Discussion in 'Narconon' started by CommunicatorIC, Mar 1, 2014.

• Like Like x 5
  1. Quentinanon Member

No such thing as "cognitive behavior modification therapy" exists.
    Cognitive Behavioural Therapy does exist. If that is what they are promising, they had better have a licensed counsellor/social worker/psychologist to deliver it with HIPPA compliance. I would poon the state licensing board. This looks like either a licensing violation and/or fraud.
    • Like Like x 7
  2. White Tara Global Moderator

Ah yes, but always with the weasel words. The con goes on with Narconon.
    • Like Like x 3
  3. I'm not completely sure that is true

Amazon: Cognitive-Behavior Modification: An Integrative Approach (The Plenum Behavior Therapy Series

Google Books: Cognitive-Behavior Modification: An Integrative Approach (The Plenum Behavior Therapy Series)

Don't get me wrong. Xenu knows I am not suggesting that what Narconon.Fresh Start is offering is "cognitive behavior modification therapy" as perhaps set forth in the above book. II'm sure you are right, and Narconon went for "buzz word" compliance, -- and indeed buzzword compliance that sounds like Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. I mention the above book only because It might offer them an out, or it might be what they will say they are talking about to avoid any licensing issues.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Quentinanon Member

Narconon comes from the words, Narr, German noun for "fool", Con, an abbreviated form of the English term, "confidence trick", and on, an English adverb meaning "in operation".
    • Like Like x 4
  5. Quentinanon Member

Even the title of the book does not state "cognitive behavior modification therapy". So, the scilons are frauding and misrepresenting.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Disambiguation Global Moderator

They can listen attentively and call it cognitive behavior modification.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Random guy Member

Im pretty sure that when the "cognitive behavior modification therapy" eventually leaks, the books will say "based on the works of L.R. Hubbard, all rights reserved", and still consist of ordering ashtrays around.
    • Like Like x 3

8. It is Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act or HIPAA.