Customize

Native American tribe purchased $5,500 in Applied Scholastics services in Q4 2010

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by OTBT, Mar 4, 2011.

1. OTBT Member

http://www.recovery.gov/Transparenc...08.aspx?AwardIdSur=51758&AwardType=Grants

See link ^ for more info...

nativeamericanappliedsc.jpg

2. Anonymous Member

Uhhh, dumb question. Did the government supply the funds?
  3. Anonymous Member

I am wondering myself where the funds came from exactly.
  4. Ann O'Nymous Member

5. Anonymous Member

How can we find out? I know it was not a private provider, otherwise they would be listed as they would get a tax write off.
  6. OTBT Member

Not a dumb question. The web site is not exactly clear.

However, the web site is a "whistleblower" type web site, designed to highlight fraud, waste and abuse.

So it appears this was $5,500 was some sort of government grant to the Confederate Tribes of the Grand Ronde Indians, and someone flagged the grant as potentional fraud, waste or abuse of government funds.

Sorry, I have no clue how to follow up on this one. Maybe local Oregon Anons can follow up.

The tribe appears to be in Congressional District 05 in Oregon, web site has more details.

What I'm trying to do is dig up Applied Scholastics contracts, purchase orders, etc, post them here, and let local anons follow up.

Anyway, I'm moving on now to the next one, DC gave another $10K to Applied Scholastics in Dec 2010
  7. Anonymous Member

?
  8. Rockyj Member

OMG know this tribe I can't say much more but I will be making some contacts.
  9. i think more research into the recovery act will clarify that for us. im working on getting more info
  10. OTBT Member

More Applied Scholastics stuff from the same web site, this one is dated between 1 April and 30 June 2010

http://www.recovery.gov/Transparenc...ctSummary508.aspx?AwardIDSUR=51758&qtr=2010Q2

11. Anonymous Member

RE: Applied Scholastics receiving federal education Supplemental Educational Services monies.

At least two state departments of education are now investigating the Applied Scholastics tutoring programs that are part of the state and federally-funded Supplemental Educational Services (SES) program. What the investigators need are first person accounts of families who enrolled their children in the Applied Scholastics SES after-school programs and were dis-satisfied and how and why did they pull out.

I have explained to the investigators that when families contact any of us concerned with the Applied Scholastics tutoring program in the public education SES program, we generally advise them to NOT file a formal complaint but rather pull out and get another SES service provider. (This was certainly excellent and prudent advice when G.W. Bush was in office..... he had appointed Scientologist John Danielson as Chief of Staff to Sec'y of Education Rod Paige from 2001-2005, although this was not public knowledge until Nov. 2007. Those of us expressing concern about Scientology programs in public education who were within the public teaching and/or academic profession at the time would receive phone calls, e-mails and letters from unknown people questioning what we were doing. We did not want families under similar pressure.)

IF you have direct knowledge about a family being dis-satisfied with Applied Scholastics in the Supplemental Educational Services program and the family wants to talk to a department of education investigator, please contact your state department of education and ask if there is an investigation. If so, have a cogent statement available from the family. If there has not yet been an investigation begun, your phone call might trigger one.
    • Like Like x 1