Customize

Oxnard CA gave Applied Scholastics $6K in Nov 2010

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by OTBT, Mar 4, 2011.

1. OTBT Member

Purchase Order Number 101752 to Applied Scholastics International for $6,281.90 on 11/17/2010

Page 120 of the PDF

http://storage.oxnardsd.org/esc/pubs/agenda/11-17-2010 Agenda.pdf

oxnardappliedscholastic.jpg

/ Yes, I already posted a few related Applied Scholastics threads so far today, but I wanted to keep them separated by cities, so locals in each city can find the info relevant to them.

Mods, you can merge the related threads together if need be, not sure how many more of these I will find, still digging around.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. RightOn Member

maybe we can put these all in one thread?
    It would be helpful so they don't get buried
    • Like Like x 1
  3. ObamAnon Member

Perhaps a new "Parent" thread with links to all the city threads so Anons can drill down to specific areas?
  4. ObamAnon Member

5. OTBT Member

Good idea. I'll see what else I can find, if there is more stuff, a new thread can be started that links them all together. I prefer keeping separate threads for different cities, so local anons can follow up if they choose to, with their local school boards.
  6. Anonymous Member

RE: Applied Scholastics receiving federal education Supplemental Educational Services monies.

At least two state departments of education are now investigating the Applied Scholastics tutoring programs that are part of the state and federally-funded Supplemental Educational Services (SES) program. What the investigators need are first person accounts of families who enrolled their children in the Applied Scholastics SES after-school programs and were dis-satisfied and how and why did they pull out.

I have explained to the investigators that when families contact any of us concerned with the Applied Scholastics tutoring program in the public education SES program, we generally advise them to NOT file a formal complaint but rather pull out and get another SES service provider. (This was certainly excellent and prudent advice when G.W. Bush was in office..... he had appointed Scientologist John Danielson as Chief of Staff to Sec'y of Education Rod Paige from 2001-2005, although this was not public knowledge until Nov. 2007. Those of us expressing concern about Scientology programs in public education who were within the public teaching and/or academic profession at the time would receive phone calls, e-mails and letters from unknown people questioning what we were doing. We did not want families under similar pressure.)

IF you have direct knowledge about a family being dis-satisfied with Applied Scholastics in the Supplemental Educational Services program and the family wants to talk to a department of education investigator, please contact your state department of education and ask if there is an investigation. If so, have a cogent statement available from the family. If there has not yet been an investigation begun, your phone call might trigger one.
    • Like Like x 1