Customize

Scientology recruiting in Japan: Radiation is no big deal / get 2 hours of free auditing

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by OTBT, Mar 22, 2011.

1. OTBT Member

Starting a new thread, trying to collect Google Translate versions of Dianetics and Scientology in Japan in the aftermath of the earthquakes, tsunami, and radiation from the nuclear power plants.

Any anons, please post any Google Translate versions (and also links to original) of Japanese scientologists trying to recruit as a result of the disaster.

ダイアネティックス放射 is Japanese for "Dianetics Radiation", for anyone who feels like searching.

Here's a start, from Eti Dianetics Mission in Japan:

Code:
    http://ameblo.jp/andante-inc/entry-10834542163.html
    Google Translate to English

=======================================================================

Code:
    http://ameblo.jp/andante-inc/theme-10033577806.html

• Like Like x 4
  2. OTBT Member

They are selling the Purification Rundown to detoxify radiation

Code:
    http://asikenko.jp/gedoku-houshanou.html

Short excerpt posted below, please go to the Google Translate page for more claims

• Like Like x 2
  3. Anonymous Member

Disgusting parasitical fraud cult is disgusting.

It is sometimes a pity anonymous is so committed to a non-violent means of winning.

I could not be sure that when next in Tokyo and encountering a VM trying to recruit vulnerable victims to the cult in this way that I would not hurt them.

But I could never do so in the name of anonymous.

I see that the $cientologist are resorting to physical violence in Paris, with poor Nono a victim of their vicious attacks.

This means we are victorious, and this is why we fight.
    • Like Like x 2
  4. CarltonBANKS Member

What's sad is the rank-and-file members are sincere, they actually believe all this stuff works. (Why? mind control techniques)
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Anonymous Member

this needs to go straight to the media
    start out with "Scientology says Radiation Is No Big Deal in Japan"
    • Like Like x 2
  6. conatus Member

^^^
    これ
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Anonymous Member

Do it then.
  8. OTBT Member

Good idea, but I have no clue how to do this.

Any Media-connected anons know how to spread this around?
  9. Anonymous Member

Scientolgy in Taiwan promoting Dianazene, a vitamin cocktail to cure radiation poisoning, invented by Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard.

"Dianazene runs out radiation" (i.e. Dianazene cures radiation)

10. OTBT Member

Japan Scientology just started promoting their Radiation Detoxification Program, which is simply
    the dangerous Scientology Purification Rundown with a different name.

Google translate mangles the words:

Pyuarifu = Purify

Pyuarifikeshonpuroguramu = Scientology Purification Rundown Program

Code:
    http://ameblo.jp/purif/entry-10834049100.html
    Google Translate into English

< snip long cult propaganda explanation of Scientology Purification Rundown >

11. Anonymous Member

"We'll find your ruin."
  12. Anonymous Member

Well, I can see this flying like a lead ballon in Japan...rofl.

MEDIA? WHAT?WHO?WHERE? YOU WANT SENT? Moar infoz and I might give a fuck and do anything.

I;m happy to spam press contacts, but I need something a little moar focused. And I'm far to fucking busyt today to do everything myself. :)

Feel free to pull a finger out and knock up a suggested base for a press release - different ones for deifferent regions, obviously.

Cheers!!!
  13. november5 Member

"You've been wrong about every single you've ever done, including this thing. You're not smart, you're not a scientist, you're not a doctor, you're not even a full time employee. When did your life go so wrong?"
    -GLaDOS on Scientology.
    • Like Like x 3
  14. +1 Internet, right here.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Trev6 Member

Japanese Theta Detected.
    Entheta Generation in Process.
    Dissemination of Entheta pending...
    • Like Like x 2
  16. JohnnyRUClear Member

How do you say "what is this I don't even" in Japanish?
  17. Anonymous Member

for starters, poon in the US and hope if it spreads? Voice your concerns about the VMs preying on victims.
    How about sending some bits and pieces from the OP to the Village Voice, Gawker, Huffington Post, St. Petersburg Times?
    Let them know about the Radiation Detoxification Program and vitamins.

How about the Japanese embassy? Maybe they can help? IDK
    Japan Embassy , United States
    2520 Massachusetts Avenue NW
    Washington DC
    District of Columbia
    USA
    Phone:
    +1-202-2386700
    +1-202-2386900
    Fax:
    +1-202-3282187
    Email:
    jicc@embjapan.org
    Website URL:
    www.embjapan.org

The Consulate?
    Japan Consulate , United States
    11. South Meridian St.
    Indianapolis
    Indiana
    USA
    Phone:
    +1-317-2317227
    Fax:
    +1-317-2317227
    Email:
    rreynolds@btlaw.com
    Website URL:
    www.chicago.us.emb-japan.go.jp

How about Bunker? maybe he can at least list it on xenu.net. I know he is a busy man, but wow people really got to hear this BS!
  18. Anonymous Member

19. OTBT Member

Japanese blog, just posted online a few hours ago. Radioactive vitamin detoxification, and niacin?

They are still calling the Scientology Purification Rundown the Radiation Detoxification Program

Code:
    http://ameblo.jp/purif/theme-10033806755.html

< snip long excerpt from Hubbard book All About Radiation, which you can read here >

20. Anonymous Member

This to Scientology's slimy recruitment:
    Washing_machine_brick_face.gif
    • Like Like x 2
  21. DeathHamster Member

22. Anonymous Member

online translation, prolly not very good

Scientology's Volunteer Ministers say that radiation is not a big deal.
    Beware of the Volunteer Ministers and their methods to help people!
    They are there in Japan to recruit people into Scientology

Scientologyの有志の大臣は放射が大事ではないと言う。
    人々を助けるために有志の大臣および彼らの方法の用心しなさい! それらはScientologyに人々を募集する日本にそこにある
  23. Anonymous Member

sorry! that was a total fail!
  24. Trev6 Member

We're putting the news across in Japanese.

I suggest poons to Japanese consulates/embassies in English-speaking countries. Dial the indignant raeg up to 11.
    • Like Like x 1
  25. OTBT Member

Japanese scientologist with the nick Masa62777 is spamming the hell out of Twitter, relentlessly
    pushing the scientology purification rundown. Looks like 100 or so Tweets in the last 24 hours.

He claims to be a counselor, and offers to remove radioactivity and detox the world.

This guy also appears to be linked to CCHR.

http://twitter.com/masa62777

• Like Like x 2
  26. Anonymous Member

see post #17
  27. The Lushster Member

You think they'd be shipping over crates of cigarettes....

Radiation and the Scientologist, 13 April 1957 (1:24) RON THE MEDICAL EXPERT ---------------------- Ron was well aware of the dangers of radiation and the damaging effects on the human body. He turned his mind to solving the problem of treating people with radiation sickness in the event of a global nuclear war. Since places in hospital would be extremely limited in the event of nuclear war, then any cure has to be easily accessible to the population and any medication would need to be simple to self-administer. Ron came up with the cure that all could use and gain access to. And that was smoking cigarettes. Since cigarettes contained nicotine, he argued, then they would also release nicotinic acid (a component of Vitamin B) when smoked. This, he argued, would drive out radiation from the body and so cure people. Simple but effective!(from holysmoke.org)

• Like Like x 1
  28. COREarg Member

HELL YEAH,so if you escape from the radiation and thyroid cancer,you just get lung cancer!
    Don't forget the whiskey or vodka. You know,to go with the cigarettes.

...This doesn't make sense. I'm twelve years old and what is this i dont even
  29. The Lushster Member

lol. It doesnt make sense to any of us
  30. JohnnyRUClear Member

<3
  31. Trev6 Member

Draft of a letter to Japanese Ambassadors. Any feedback or suggestions for improvement are very welcome:

-----

Dear (Ambassador’s Name)

I would like to extend my sincere sympathies towards Japan and its people for the suffering imposed on it by the recent earthquake and the subsequent damage it caused. I pray for the safety and recovery of all the affected areas and the victims of this terrible tragedy.

Although there are many generous souls who are giving their time, resources, and hard work to help those in need, I have noticed with some dismay that there are also a scant few who view this time of sorrow as an opportunity to take advantage of those in their weakest moment. It grieves me to bring this to your attention at such a time, but I wish to inform you and lodge a protest against an organization in Japan that is doing just this.

The organization, going by the name of “Volunteer Ministers”[1] (alternatively working under other names, such as “Dianetics” and “The Way To Happiness”) has sent rescue teams to disaster areas to supposedly assist the victims[2]. The truth is that these people, and all the groups that operate under, are part of a larger organization called the Church of Scientology, a new religious movement based in the United States[3]. Although any assistance in this time of need is commendable, the Church of Scientology has a long history of interfering with and actually hindering the work of real relief workers. They caused numerous difficulties to relief work in New York in the wake of the September 11th terror attacks and the London bomb attacks[4], and were also involved in controversy during their so-called assistance in the wake of the earthquake in Haiti[5].

Beyond their work in disaster zones, the Church of Scientology has an extremely checkered past in a number of countries. It is considered dangerous and anti-constitutional by the German government[6], has been convicted of fraud in France[7], and has been the subject of an inquiry by the Australian government[8].

However, while all of this information is reason enough to worry about such an organization operating in Japan, the final straw that pushed me to send you this email was a claim made by one of Scientology’s sub-groups, claiming to offer “therapy” to “purify the body of radiation”.[9]. The therapy itself, the “Purification Rundown” or “Purification Program”, has already existed for years. A sizeable body of objective criticism to its effects and the dangers of practicing it already exists [10]. But the fact that the Church of Scientology and its followers are now attempting to re-brand this quack-therapy as some sort of anti-radiation treatment, the fact that they are preying on the fears and anxieties of a nation already overburdened with grief and suffering, is shocking. I am both sickened and horrified to see such cynicism levelled against people when common human decency and the spirit of charity should demand otherwise.

I implore you to communicate this information to the relevant authorities in the Japanese government, in the hopes that this fraudulent, abusive group can be investigated and exposed before any more people suffer needlessly at their hands.

Thank you for your time and attention.
    Sincerely,
    (your name)

[1] www.volunteerministers.org/
    [2]http://blog.volunteerministers.org/blog/photos-scientology-volunteer-ministers-japan.html
    [3]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientology
    [4]http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/networks/fivelive/aod.shtml?fivelive/flreport_scientologynew
    [5]http://gawker.com/#!5462117/scientologists-in-haiti-a-firsthand-account
    [6]http://web.archive.org/web/20071209...urope/12/07/germany.scientology.ap/index.html
    [7]http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/8327569.stm
    [8]http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/breaking/7260280/calls-for-judicial-inquiry-into-scientology/
    [9] http://ameblo.jp/purif/entry-10834049100.html
    [10]http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Narconon/sources/reports/hogg.htm , http://www.nypress.com/article-16488-the-rundown-on-scientologys-purification-rundown.html
    • Like Like x 2
  32. thewayup Member

Going by memory here; the International Cultic Studies Association (ICSA) website has a couple of anti-cult people from Japan on the site somewhere.
    May be suitable contacts to look up if anyone is interested.

(Yes, I know ICSA has one or two dodgy cult apologists amongst its ranks).
  33. Anonymous Member

are there a wise list japan?
  34. Anonymous Member

Do we have a clear, properly translated English version of what they are spreading around?
    • Like Like x 1
  35. OTBT Member

Nice work. I totally suck at letter writing, and your draft letter is far better than anything that I could compose.

Suggestion, perhaps add in more emphasis on the "radiation detoxification program" along with their various claims of the only workable technology.

Also, maybe add in links to the scientology blogs posted ealier in this thread, so Japanese officials can read the scilon crap for themselves.

I suspect the blog pages may become 404 once official complaints get sent. Can someone save backup copies of the original Japanese web pages posted above? I can save as an HTLM document, but there is probably a better way to save web entire pages (I'm not really a techie).
  36. OTBT Member

Not that I know of. Google Translate was used above, but that mangles the words a bit.

Good idea to get a properly translated English version posted here or elsewhere in plain text, so Google can find it, and non-Japanese can read it.
  37. Anonymous Member

good letter, but I think that Dianazene should also be mentioned?
    And that is is being offered to "help" people.
    Mention that they are calling it a " Radioactive vitamin detoxification". It contains very large doses of niacin that can be very harmful to the liver.
    I would mention somewhere that Scientology's methods have never been proven scientifically to work, nor have they been proven to have any medical benefits what so ever. And that these methods can be extremely harmful.

I would take out the words "quack threapy" and "fraudulant and abusive group". They make you sound too biased IMO. (I know you are, and for good reason)
    Again, your main objective should be is to tell them that the VMS are offering potentially dangerous methods and vitamin concontions that have never been scientifically or medically proven to help anyone. And some people have died while on this detoxification. (see if you can find a reference quickly, if not screw it, these emails need to go out ASAP) .

You may want to mention their "touch assists" too (again never a proven method) and that this method may casue people to not seek proper medical care. You can also add that the VM's are there to recruit people by handing out booklets and or pamphlets about their organization. (Way To Happiness).
    Hopefully, that should be enough to get them kicked out of there.
    Now I didn't want to add a bunch of crap to make the email longer, because long emails are not the way to go. But you may want to take out some and add some other points.
    I am not a grammar fag, so perhaps JohhnyRUclear can lend a helping hand? Johnnny!!!!!!!
  38. OTBT Member

Remember that part about 2 hours of free auditing? It doesn't stay free for very long.
    Here are the Eti Mission advertised rates for Dianetics auditing:

Code:
    http://andanteinc.web.fc2.com/sub3.htm

36,000 yen roughly equals USD $440, for 6 ¼ hours of Dianetics auditing

70,000 yen roughly equals USD $860, for 12 ½ hours of Dianetics auditing

This is for basic Dianetics auditing, the kind of auditing done without using an e-meter.

The rates for Scientology auditing (with e-meter) are many times higher than for Dianetics auditing.

Sorry, they don't publish their rates for Scientology auditing.
    • Like Like x 1
  39. DeathHamster Member

Dianetics auditing is very recognizable as a hypnosis technique. (Lie back on a comfortable couch, close your eyes, relax and breathe slowly and deeply while the auditor counts backwards from seven...) There might be regulations in Japan concerning the practice of hypnotherapy. (It's a long shot. Many places are pretty lax.)
  40. Trev6 Member

Amended letter:

Removed loaded, emotional language, added a bit more specific info regarding the Purif and Dianzene's health risks.

There is already a link to one of the blogs that was mentioned in this article, specifically the one offering "Radiation Dianetics".

If there are no corrections or recommendations, I am going to start sending this to as many Japanese embassies and consulates as I can later today or tomorrow. I recommend anybody who can spare the time to either copy/paste this, or write your own and do the same.
    • Like Like x 7