Customize

The US Government Keeps Harassing a UW Researcher Who Speaks for WikiLeaks

Discussion in 'Wikileaks' started by LastOneStanding, Apr 7, 2011.

1. http://www.thestranger.com/seattle/obsessed-with-jacob/Content?oid=7560624

Open for comments.
    • Like Like x 2
  2. PhAnonynom Member

The government really has it in for Wikileaks, doesn't it? I love the quote there from Rep Peter King about wikileaks being a terrorist organization. Airport security is one of the biggest terrorist threats to this country, as illustrated by the treatment of this guy not to mention thousands of other individuals who wish to travel.

Next time Applebaum is detained and not allowed to use the restroom, I suggest that he whip it out and piss on the floor. Fuck them and thier bullshit. In a way, I hope they keep it up. Its what its going to take for the people to wake up and take a stand against this. What the government is doing is illegal and unconstitutional and they just keep wanting more.

In a bit of irony, the TSA's actions are making it easier for terrorists to create another September 11 event. Why did those planes crash on 9/11? The hijackers were armed with box cutters, which are still allowed on today. With hundreds of people in each plane was there no one who could stop a handful of guys with box cutters? Sure there were. But people want to just sit there and be quiet, do what they are told and take orders. With the TSA literally having people bend over and take it, they are creating 'Sheeple.' Instead of having citizens who question 'authority' they have travellers who are too afraid to speak out and stand up for their rights and the rights of others. Visit tsatyranny.com or wewontfly.com for the horror stories.

As for Wikileaks, as far as I know its done. But what these actions tell me, we need another outlet for information like Wikileaks. An outlet with more anonymity and security that can spread the information faster and more effectively. Stepping off my soapbox now.
    • Like Like x 4
  3. the constitution means shit in this country nowadays...
    • Like Like x 2
  4. PhAnonynom Member

What's worse is that I don't think that people even realise that they are losing their rights. By the time they do, it may be too late.
    • Like Like x 4
  5. dont worry darling, thats why we are here! to remind them of that even at a very high price to us.
    • Like Like x 3
  6. PhAnonynom Member

I know. I would love to get the word out to more people and faster. In this thread:

HTML:
    http://forums.whyweprotest.net/threads/bradley-manning-hit-with-new-charges-in-wikileaks-case-including-aiding-the-enemy.77488/page-6
    There are videos there from the Bradley manning protest that should be on the evening news. There are articles there that people should read. What I see in those videos is unbelieveable. Those people showed up with flowers and I not only saw police in riot gear but soldiers with what appears to be machine guns. Talk about overkill. I'm just outraged by this and what's even more upsetting to me is that people seem to be blase about all of this. Either that or they don't believe that its for real.

Okay, time to calm down and go to bed...
    • Like Like x 1
  7. so then babe take it in your own hands, if you have facebook spam your wall with these links, if you have twitter RT the shit outta this info. if you see articles on the net favoring his treatment comment on them if you're able to do so with links to the truth, talk to anyone that will listen too you about it. you know, anyone can come on here and bawww their little heart out but it takes a true revolutionary to put their ass on the line and actually do something about it.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. PhAnonynom Member

Point taken. Will do.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. The US government gets away with so much more then Western European governments.
    You Americans are so docile.
    You try to compensate by brandishing guns and watching action movies, but seriously it's time to grow real balls!
    • Like Like x 1
  10. The Wrong Guy Member

Quoted from the Wall Street Journal:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970203476804576613284007315072.html
  11. Wow...
    I can't believe they're still harrasing him.
  12. The Wrong Guy Member

13. Anonymous Member

This? http://openleaks.org/
  14. DeathHamster Member

A very good point. There's no way to refer to previous cases or precedents, 'cause like .. it's secret!
  15. When has that ever stoped anon in the past?
  16. The Wrong Guy Member