Customize

Village Voice: The Top 25 People Crippling Scientology

Discussion in 'Media' started by Sponge, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Anonymous Member

Bunker has missed a big point in all this: the Tech IS the scam, IS the abuse. That's where it starts, with the false promises of super-humanity, and downwards from there.

I guess WBM now stands for "Will Blow Marty".
    • Like Like x 5
  2. Anonymous Member

Has Marty actually declared on record he'd like to rebuild the church without the abuse?

You're right that many of the abuses spring out of the very tech he says he loves.
    We'd have to assume he's willing to drop the abusive tech and, with that, any reverence to LRH since his tech promoted the abuse.
    I saw a very old documentary once about early church leavers making their own little lovebomb tech classes together in loft apartments.
    Is that Marty's ideal arrangement?

If it doesn't involve fleecing the weak for thousands and just a lot of group-hugs and memes every sunday... I don't think I can fault that in itself.
    But so much of the tech has been analysed as thought-reform and suspension of reason by cult awareness groups who know their shit.

Just look at those TR-zero sessions...

• Like Like x 1
  3. Strixcoil Moderator

I actually liked this reading. I always wanted to know what made Mr. Bunker get involved on this, so it was enjoyable to know moar.

I love history lessons lol

Also...
    Truth is that if he does make a new video asking Anonymous to don't do hackings, I'm sure many of the newfags who don't know or understand the importance of WBM will just fart on his face or say "shut up old man,you know nothing".

inb4 Oldfag Rant
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Anonymous Member

So was the bible to the Roman Catholic Church at one point. But later a few people followed Martin Luther's example and decided they wouldn't settle for it. Now and days people choose what in the bible they take seriously or not. We know Hubbard created Scientology as a scam. Do Indies still want it that way or are they taking control of their belief system? Seems like Mark is more or less empowering Indies to make those choices, something which Co$ would never allow them to.
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Mitsu Too Member

We are down to the final six. Can't wait for the home stretch!
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Anonymous Member

Well, THIS is another old-timer saying it.

Shut up, Mark (both of y'all).
    • Like Like x 1
  7. DeathHamster Member

There have been a few hints that he's into a Hubbard buffet: pick and choose the dishes, and leave the icky stuff. That's quite common in people who have split from the organization, but it takes them a while to come to terms with the fact that they are saying that Hubbard was just plain wrong about some things.

Keep in mind that Marty's intended audience isn't us, but people are who still in but wavering. He can't tell them he only wants to keep some of Scientology working, or that Hubbard was sometimes wrong, without confirming CoS's "Marty is a squirrel" propaganda. I wouldn't assume that Martyology would automatically regenerate all the abuses of CoS just because Hubbard said so.

"All the mind fuck with 50% less raep!" Heh.
    • Like Like x 5
  8. Anonymous Member

Mindfuck Lite. It has that certain... very American ring to it.
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Anonymous Member

Lol, very nice. Thanks for reply.

KSSW - brainwashing for free?
  10. Anonymous Member

If anyone is deserving of this title, it could be Professor Touretzky. He hasn't backed up one inch from the cult despite fairgame, and doesn't afraid of anything.
    • Like Like x 4
  11. Malory Member

Fuck no. Marty still wants to make a living at it all.
  12. Anonymous Member

Oh. Well fuck. :(
  13. Anonymous Member

Theoretically you could get it without paying him. You'd still have to travel to lovely Buttfuck, Texas for the clam chowder.
  14. Anonymous Member

And I wouldn't bet that you could get auditing, pay him nothing for it and then go back for more.
  15. Anonymous Member

Nah, like the typical crack or heroin pusher, the first hit's free.
    • Like Like x 2
  16. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 2
  17. Anonymous Member

Well, good luck with convincing those who have the power to do something about the institutional abuse of the scientology organisation. Ranting about bad words in old books isn't going to do it and never will, however right you may well be about the deeds that may come from such writings.
  18. Anonymous Member

I support Mark Bunker because he is a righteous dude. What do you expect him to do? Start hating on Rathbun/Rinder because they fair gamed him in the past?
    WBM has a film to make. He knows that the old Miscavige way is dying, and once that has been splattered all over the wall the little freaks like Marty licking up the bits left over will be easy to deal with. He needs his interviews. I think his attitude shows compassion and an attempt to untangle and understand the mindfuck of LRH.
    I am also fascinated how anyone could have possibly be taken in by that fat lying freak Lafayette, he was so obviously full of shit.
    I hope WBM makes a load of money from his movie-making, he deserves to.
    Fuck the OG beefs, this is 2011. Shit's changed. We Run This.
    • Like Like x 8
  19. Anonymous Member

Many of the OG beefs of a decade ago remain relevant today. The anons today aren't experiencing the vicious fair game tactics & lawsuits the OGs faced. The shit hasn't changed.. much. If you run this, you don't run it very well.
  20. Anonymous Member

Contradictory statements much?

Sorry, no disrespect. I see your point but I fear you missed mine.
    I see a lot of raeg aimed at WBM because he treats Rathbun/Rinder with kid gloves, but he is the absolute pinnacle of journalistic integrity.
    He has to win trust to get his story, and he has that trustworthy nature in spades.
    Damn I would have been locked up the minute Murnan came near me back in 1999.
    But he cares about the victims of the cult. I don't know what Rathbun/Rinder think but I see Mark Bunker as the US version of Ursula Caberta, happy to play the Rathbun spin as long as it leads to major investigations into the Miscavige cult.
    It's a means to an end.

When I say "We Run This" I mean it in the way that no matter what Scientology cannot survive too much longer. Mark Bunker is perfectly placed to tell this story as it should be told.
    • Like Like x 8
  21. Anonymous Member

Shhhhhhhh. I think it's a secret.
  22. Anonymous Member

Ooops sorry!
  23. Anonymous Member

Will Blow Marty.
  24. Anonymous Member

You're on the wrong board if you want kiss and make up, Mr. Miscavige.
    • Like Like x 2
  25. Anonymous Member

Maybe it was Mosey LMAO
  26. Anonymous Member

Mosey is hot. For an old-ass bearded clam Marty got pretty lucky there.
    • Like Like x 2
  27. Anonymous Member

Well, no doubt she is thoroughly convinced by now that is the local Big Thetan. He must have some rap.
  28. Anonymous Member

FIFY
  29. Anonymous Member

Samefag: Thanks, I LOL'ed XD
  30. Chipshotz Member

31. amaX Member

"I wasn't sure how I could get it funded, because the studios are not going to make something like this. Everyone was too afraid of Scientology. And then I saw there were sites like IndieGoGo that were using crowdsourcing. I knew I could do this fairly inexpensively. So I put up my first campaign and sought $10,000 to get the ball rolling, and got that essentially overnight. So let's do it," he says. "I thought there were two methods to get the film done. I could try to do it secretly -- look around for investors and just kind of surprise Scientology with the project. The other route is to be open about it, with crowdfunding, and keep everyone informed of every step. And it's paid off in that there has been a whole hell of a lot of support by people who say they want to be a part of it. And now that I've declared my support of Marty Rathbun on his blog, I'm getting a lot of interest from the independents. I'm getting a lot of interest and help from people who wouldn't have talked to me before, who would have considered me an SP."

tl;dr: Bunker needs funding for his film. He's getting it from the Rinderburnites. Mystery solved on Bunker's kissing Rathbun's ass.

edit: Evidently, I misunderstood this paragraph which is speaking about funding for Bunker's film right up until Bunker says that since he's declared his support for Rathbun and now he's getting interest from the independents. Per Bunker's explanation, I now know that from that point on he's speaking about getting stories from people who wouldn't have spoken to him until he declared his support for Rathbun.
  32. XENU TV Member

Did I say I was getting a lot of funding from the Indies? I'm getting a lot of people who want to tell some quite shocking stories they wouldn't have thought to tell me about in the past. That is support, as are the positive comments from Indies and Anons alike. That there are negative responses from both as well is fine. My TR's are in. :0)

For anyone who'd like to donate, the latest campaign is here:

http://www.indiegogo.com/Knowledge-Report-film

I don't plug it enough. Keep spreading the word if you can and/or want to.
    • Like Like x 10
  33. XENU TV Member

As for being a #7...

I am not a number. I am a free man!!!!
    • Like Like x 10
  34. Anonymous Member

35. Anonymous Member

He was already mentioned.
  36. Anonymous Member

Which one? The prison bitch or the Texas doppelganger?
  37. Sponge Member

We know you tried to escape to Goldbase in that helicopter last week.

Report to the Conditioning Centre immediately, #7.

[IMG]

Otherwise.... Big scary balloon!!!!!1111!!!....

megaraid052.jpg
    • Like Like x 7
  38. Anonymous Member

Hi Mss Schwartz!
  39. Anonymous Member

It's Schwarz, dummie. Lern to spell.
  40. Anonymous Member

Yeah. Try reading some of the thread.